Daylight Savings Time Watering Restrictions
Posted on: 3/12/2021 9:46:45 AM
Eastern Standard Time ends this weekend and Seminole County Government
returns to Daylight Savings Time Water Restrictions on Sunday March 14th,
2021. The following applies from March 14th, 2021 to November 7th,
- Residential customers with odd street addresses may
irrigate on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Residential customers with even street addresses may
irrigate on Thursday and Sunday.
- Non-residential customers may irrigate on Tuesday and
- Reclaimed water customers may irrigate two (2) times
per week year round.
- If you own an automatic lawn sprinkler system, you must
have a rain sensor or switch installed to override the system when
adequate rainfall occurs.
Absolutely, NO watering permitted between 10 A.M. TO 4 P.M. on ANYDAY
These restrictions are mandatory in Seminole County and include those on
private wells or lakes etc.
- Irrigation may be done at any time with a hand held
hose provided it is fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle. This
applies to all sources of irrigation water.
- If you are replacing sod and need to irrigate more than
the restrictions allow, you must fax, mail, email or deliver your current
receipt for sod to the address below. After receiving the receipt
for sod or landscape material, you may be given a waiver to irrigate for
an additional 30 days from date on the receipt.
Environmental Services Department
Water Conservation Section
500 W. Lake Mary Blvd.
Sanford, FL. 32773
Environmental Services fax number: 407-665-2002
County Manager's Office
1101 East First Street
Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: (407) 665-7212
Fax: (407) 665-7958