Operation Blue Roof in Seminole County
Posted on: 9/27/2017 10:07:54 AM
SEMINOLE COUNTY, FL (September 27, 2017)-- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, FEMA and the Seminole County Office of Emergency Management will open an Operation Blue Roof service center inside the Seminole County Central Branch Library, located at 215 North Oxford Road, Casselberry, beginning tomorrow, Thursday, September 28. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., seven days per week.
Operation Blue Roof provides and installs temporary covering of blue plastic sheeting to mitigate additional property damage until permanent repairs can be made. This program is available at no cost to eligible primary homeowners in Seminole County.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
- The home applying for assistance must be a primary residence
- Only standard shingled roofs will be considered for assistance
- Metal roofs and mobile homes may be repaired as practical on an individual basis
- Contractors cannot cover roofs made of materials such as slate, asbestos or clay tile, or other material which would be exceptionally difficult to repair, or would likely be damaged during installation
- Roofs with more than 50% structural damage will not qualify
RIGHT OF ENTRY:
- Homeowners are required to sign a Right of Entry (ROE) form allowing government employees and contractor to assess damage and install the blue roofs
- For renters, legal permission for blue roof installation must be granted by the property owner
- Renters are also required to obtain permission from the property owner to continue residing in the home until permanent repairs are completed
Detailed information can be found on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers- Jacksonville District website at www.saj.usace.army.mil/BlueRoof . Residents may also call 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) with additional questions.
County Manager's Office
1101 East First Street
Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: (407) 665-7212
Fax: (407) 665-7958